Apple Music family plan can be used in multiple devices available in your household. With a single subscription, each member of a family can stream music. You can also share movies, music, TV shows, calendars, and much more. The music family plan allows up to six different devices or Apple ID’s to use it. It is a very straight forward process to use Apple Music family plan. In this article, you will learn how to set up and activate an Apple Music family plan.
Register for Family Sharing on iPhone or iPad
If you want to register for family sharing on iPhone or iPad, you need to follow the steps given below.
- First of all, you have to open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- After that, you should tap on the Apple ID banner.
- Then you have to tap on “Set Up Family Sharing.”
- Thereafter, you should select the “Get Started” option.
- Later, you have to tap on “Continue,” you can already upload a photo if you want to. But it’s optional.
- Now, you should tap on Continue to share purchases.
- After that, you have to tap on Continue to confirm your payment process.
- Then you have to tap on the “Share Your Location” option to share with your family or tap on “Not Now.”
- Thereafter, you should tap on “Add Family Member.”
- Later, you have to type someone’s name.
- Now, you should tap on the person you want to add as a Family Member.
- After that, you have to input the “security code.”
- When the prompt comes, confirm that you are the organizer.
Register to Apple Music’s Family Plan
You can register to Apple Music’s Family plan. Here are the instructions given below.
- When you open the Apple Music app, you can see that the splash screen welcomes you.
- After that, you should tap on ” Try it free” to start the registration procedure.
- Then, you have to choose the “Family Membership Plan.”
- Thereafter, you should tap on the “Start Trial” option.
- Later, you have to log in to the iTunes Store with Apple ID and password.
- You will be asked by the system to agree with iTunes terms and conditions. Agree to them if asked to do so.
- Now, you have to confirm that you would like to sign up for Apple Music.
Sign in to Apple Music
If you want to log in to Apple Music, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Get started by opening the Music app on your device.
- After that, you should tap on “For You” option.
- Then you have to tap on the “Account icon.”
- Now, you should input the Apple ID and login.
By following the steps and methods mentioned above, you will be able to set up and activate an Apple Music family plan.
John Hunt is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.