MusicBee is one of the best freeware music players on Windows 10. It offers you easy to manage and play tracks on the system. But according to some users, they are facing startup issues on MusicBee. So, if you are facing the same issue, then follow this article and learn how to fix it.
Use MusicBee in Compatibility Mode
- You should verify they have solved MusicBee not working by performing in compatibility mode.
- Thereafter, launch the folder that contains the file of MusicBee.exe.
- Then go to the MusicBee.exe and right-click on it then choose the Properties option.
- You have to choose the tab of Compatibility.
- Go to the ‘Run this program in compatibility mode’ and mark the box.
- After that, click on Windows 8 at the menu of the drop-down.
- Later, select the Apply button.
- Now, hold the OK option to shut the screen.
Exclude MusicBee through the Data Execution Prevention
A few users say that they have solved the MusicBee not working by choosing the option of ‘Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only.’
- Launch the File Explorer.
- You should select this PC and right-click on it to choose the Properties option.
- After that, select the ‘Advanced system settings’ option at the left side screen that launches.
- Thereafter, choose the Settings beneath the Performance to invoke the screen of Performance Options.
- You have to choose the tab of ‘Data Execution Prevention.’
- Later, select the option of ‘Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only’ whether it’s not chosen.
- You should click on the Apply button.
- Now, choose the OK option.
Clean Boot Windows
- Clean-booting Windows will make sure there are not whichever conflicting third-party programs like antivirus tools.
- Hold the Windows and R keys altogether over the keyboard to invoke the Run section.
- You should input ‘msconfig’ into it and select the OK button to invoke the screen MSConfig.
- Then choose the ‘Selective startup’ option on the General section.
- After that, unselect the option of ‘Load startup.’
- You have to mark both boxes of ‘Load system services settings’ and ‘Use original boot configuration.’
- Once you reach the Services section, choose the services of ‘Hide all Microsoft.’
- Select the Disable all option to unselect the remaining third-party services listed.
- You should choose the button of Apply to apply the fresh settings.
- Hit the OK button to shut the MSConfig.
- Click on the Restart button.
John Hunt is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.